Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Excuses For Apathy-Part One

"I don't have time for pro-life ministry."

Your boys play football, your daughter takes piano and dance lessons, you work full time, you're already involved in other things within your church...you are simply too busy for this time consuming ministry. Well guess what, church. Make time.

When you say that you don't have time for pro-life ministry, what you're really saying is, "I have too much going on in my life to save the lives of others. I am simply too consumed with my job and extra curricular activities to take a stand for what I believe in and to obey my God's commands to love my neighbor as myself. Rescuing helpless babies from a cruel and violent death would totally destroy my schedule, so I'll keep re-posting little pro-life graphics on Facebook and comfortably voicing my opinion within my church walls." First of all, that is not pro-life. But I won't get going on that subject because that isn't what this blog post is about and I won't be able to shut up about it. Second of all, do you realize how selfish that sounds, and is?

Your pre-born neighbors are being slaughtered by the thousands every single day, and you "don't have time". A mass murder of the most innocent of our society will take place tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, but you "don't have time". The image of your God is being repeatedly demolished and defiled, but you "don't have time". MAKE TIME! I'm not saying that you have to give every minute of every day to this ministry. But I am saying that if you are a Christian, you need to make some time for it. You work during the week? Go to your local abortion clinic on the weekends. You have classes and responsibilities at your church? Plan around them. Whatever you have to rearrange or re-schedule, do it. This is your responsibility to unborn children as a part of the church of Jesus Christ-take care of it!

~Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! We love hearing from you!