Friday, March 15, 2013

Abortion Myth #1

Abortion Myth #1
"Abortion is excusable in cases of rape."
That’s a myth.  It’s not ok.  It’s never ok to kill an innocent person because of the sin of the father.  In rape the woman is innocent.  But in abortion she is guilty.
     It seems many people, many “Christians” in fact, say that they are “pro-life” but believe that abortion is acceptable if the woman got pregnant because she was raped.  Why?  I’m not sure.  I’m not sure that I understand why it would be ok for someone to kill their kids, period.  But what I’m not understanding here is why rape is a better excuse for an abortion than say, going to school is.  Because abortion is murder no matter what.
     Read here, in Exodus 20:13 where God says “You shall not murder.”  Read it again, closely.  if you need to, read it again in your own bible.  God clearly states here that you shall not murder; He doesn’t say “you shall not murder unless you have been raped.”  If He just says you shall not murder, then can we justify why we think it’s ok to murder because someone was raped? Rape doesn't change what abortion is! Do you think that on judgment day we could say “Well, I hadn’t planned on getting pregnant, it wasn’t my fault! I had been keeping myself pure-I conceived because I was violated.  You’ll let me off for murdering that baby, right?”  Do you really think that we could tell God “I’m sure you understood the pain, and fear, and grief I was going through.  You knew I needed to kill that baby you gave me because I thought that having a baby would just multiply those problems I was going through.”  Do you think that we could actually tell God, the Creator of life, that it wasn’t His will to open the womb, even though He did?  Will our excuse hold any weight in His court, if we have killed a person who was created in His image?! (Genesis 1:27)  Do you think that He cares so little for that baby He made as to just let the woman off for murdering him/her?  I think not.
     Rape is an awful wicked thing.  It’s not fair.  It’s not right.  There is never an excuse for it.  Abortion is an awful wicked thing.  It’s not fair.  It’s not right.  There is never an excuse for it.  Two wrongs won’t make a right.  One wrong won’t make a right. Abortion will only add to the rape victim's grief.
And here is a quick fact: less than 1% of all abortions are because of rape, incest or life of the mother.  Less than 1% for all three of those things combinedYou can't pull a door all the way shut if you insist on opening it up a crack. This tiny little crack is what makes abortion accessable,and somehow acceptable,and is part of the reason abortion is available.

~ Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! We love hearing from you!